Consider buying a gaming keyboard that features a wrist rest. If you are a marathon gamer, you know the pain and strain that happens upon your wrists and fingers from holding them in a largely fixed position for hours on end. By choosing a gaming keyboard with an ergonomic design, you can alleviate some of that uncomfortable problem while playing.
Decide whether you prefer mechanical keys, membrane keys or a mixture of both. It is all a matter of preference, of course, but opting for the key style that you are most comfortable playing with will up your chances of playing a more efficient match.
Benefits of Buying a Gaming Keyboard
– Macro assignment. Gaming keyboards offer designated macro assignment keys that allow you to assign spells, items, and actions, or a combination of the three, to a set of clearly marked keys that are often on the left-hand side of the keyboard. The positioning gives you easy access to slide your WSAD controlling fingers over to easily tap them, saving you a lot of keystrokes to get the same effect in game.
– Anti-ghosting technology. Avoiding misclicks when gaming is a must, and gaming keyboards take that into consideration. They often incorporate anti-ghosting technology along with N-key rollovers to ensure that even if you do end up pressing more than one button at a time, you are not paying the price for it on the screen. In fact, this mechanism allows you to intentionally press more than one key to execute a number of actions all at once.
– Customization. A gaming keyboard usually comes with the ability to customize it almost fully. Some keyboards allow you to change the lighting of the keys down to each specific key, while others allow you to adjust a defined color backlight depending on the light levels.
Tips on How to Buy the Best Gaming Keyboard for Your Needs
– Look for a gaming keyboard that is ergonomic to ensure you are comfortable, no matter the length of time you play.
– Choose one that is lightweight and portable for taking with you to LAN parties.
– Read reviews such as the ones written below to get an idea of how the gaming laptop you are interested in performs.